I think it’s been about a year since I’ve written a how-to. Are y’all going through withdrawals? One of my absolute favorite things is unexpected combinations. I’m a huge fan of juxtaposition. If you’re new to the pattern play game and feeling a little timid about it, I’ve got 5 tips that will have you print mixing like a pro.
- Start small with accents like scarves and shoes. That extra dose of extra pattern will brighten up any look!
- Try tonal on for size. I’m willing to be that the fact that you’re wearing shades of the same color will make it feel a little more toned down.
- Graphic tees are cool again. After years of hating graphic tees on guys, I’m kind of loving them for the ladies lately. Some may debate me, but I’m gonna count a graphic tee as a print/pattern. So easy!
- Layer up! Okay, this one sounds hardcore, but is deceptively minimalist. When you do a sweater or a dress over a button down, you get just one major pattern with a hint of the other.
- Printed Pants are EVERYWHERE, and jeans with a subtle pattern can play almost like a neutral.
For more pattern mixing inspiration check out my pinterest boad, prints charming.